Customising the home page elements
With customisation, it's now possible for you to edit sections of your website that previously required a web developer. This includes the banner images, banner text and titles as well as promo box images and content.
Please note: Though most websites have this customisation feature, not all may have it set up. If you want to make sure your site has this capability, kindly email email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Here's the silent tutorial video on customising the homepage elements. (There is no audio so you can focus more on what is happening on the screen.)
Check out the step-by-step instructions below for more details:
1. On your HQi dashboard, hover to the "HQi Content Manager" section and click on "Customisation."
2. From there, you'll see a list of all things on your home page. By clicking on the blue-world icon next to the element you want to edit, you can change the image or text on that section.
The example below shows the home page banner or slider images, headings and sub-headings are highlighted for editing.
3. To change banner or promo box images, select the "Upload/Select Image".
4. On the Add/Edit Image page, select the image that you wish to add. If the image is not yet listed on the image library, click on Add New Image button where you will be given the option to either upload the whole image or crop the image before uploading. Click on Save to retain your changes.
Please be guided by the following specifications to achieve optimum results:
Banners - 1600 pixels to 2000 pixels, horizontal orientation
Promo boxes - 800 pixels to 1000 pixels
Consider that images with smaller resolutions may not appear as sharp, while those with bigger resolutions may slow down how your page loads.
5. If you're changing content, you'll be directed to a screen (see below), after you click on the blue-world icon next to the item. This is where you input your new text in the "Value" field.
6. Remember to hit "Save" after updating the images or content. Note: Once you click on Save, the changes will immediately show on the website.
If you wish to add new elements/sections to the Home page, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may add it for you.