Adding or replacing an image on a flat page
Putting images in your web pages is easy with HQi. Just follow the steps below to get going.
Here's the tutorial video on adding or replacing an image.
1. Under "HQi Content Manager," click "Add/Edit Pages" and find the page where you would like to add an image or update one.
2. In the text editor, ensure your cursor is in the location where the new image would be, then tap the image icon to insert the image.
3. Use the folder icon to search for the new image on your computer.
4. You can upload a new image by pressing the "Add New File" button and following the steps for uploading the new image. Alternatively, you can choose an existing image from the image table.
5. Once selected, the following window will appear where you can add an image caption in the "Image description" field. This will show the caption underneath the image. Note: This feature is currently available on selected websites only. If you'd like to add this enhancement, you may send an email to email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
From the same window, you can also adjust the size of the image by indicating the pixel width and height you want. Ensure the image is rightly proportioned (not awkwardly stretched) by checking the "Constrain proportions" box.
6. The image will then appear in the text editor. If you need to make any description or size changes, just tap the image once and an option box will appear at the base. Click on the three lines, as shown below, for the image options. You can also replace the image by selecting the three lines.
7. To adjust the formatting of the image, you can use the paragraph formatting in the text editor above the image.
You may also add images by using the HQI templates available in the HQI text editor. These templates are pre-formatted to show 2-3 columns of images per section of the page. You may click here for instructions.
Remember to save and authorise the changes you have made.